The beginning of the year can really feel like a drag sometimes. To me January feels like the Monday of months. No more parties, no more presents, no more excuses to double on christmas cookies. It’s back to reality and it’s oh-so-bleak.
That’s why we wanted to do something extra special for our readers, to encourage and equip each other in the power of God’s Word.
So throughout the month of January, we will be reading a chapter a day in the book of Proverbs, together as a community.
Here’s how it will work:
- Read 1 chapter a day starting on January 1
- Select 1 verse that stands out to you
- Post that verse on Puredisciple’s Facebook page
Now I know what you’re thinking… Allow me to explain why your participation will not only be worth the time, you might actually see yourself transformed in the process.
Reasons you should join us
- It’s easy. Only 1 chapter a day. So what if you miss a day? You can return to it any time.
- It’s good for you. We need God’s Word like we need oxygen (Mat 4:4).
- We’re all in it together. As the body of Christ we are meant to build each other up (1 Thess 5:11). There will be fellowship!
- By the end of the month, you’ll have read an entire book written by the wisest man who ever lived. How’s that for a conversation starter?
All are welcome and we can’t wait to see what God has in store for us this January!
The Pure Disciple Team